• Distributed builds and tests - ETICS distributes builds across different machines exploiting the computing power of a distributed environment.
• Multi-platform build and tests - ETICS distributes builds across different machines enabling whole projects or single components to be built in parallel and tested against different environments and operating systems.
• Verification of the quality of the software produced -
against the following aspects included in the ISO9126 guidelines:
• Collection of test information - from popular testing libraries (e.g. junit, sloccount, pyunit, checkstyle etc.) and its integration in the build and test reports. Support for other tools can be added via plugins.
• Plugin-based system - supporting easy extension of ETICS with support to other tools. Many tools are supported out-of-the-box by ETICS. If the tools are not supported new plugins can be added.
• Rich build/test configuration options - The ETICS users during project configuration can choose among several configuration options (e.g. configuration management systems to be used, the preferred build tools and platforms, components and external third party software).
• Dependency management - ETICS offers advanced management of build and runtime software dependencies. Within the ETICS infrastructure a large repository of Open Source third party tools is available for users to choose.
• Distributed collaborative environment - ETICS supports organizations in managing the synchronization of developers and teams who are geographically separated.
• Support for automatic creation of distribution packages - in a number of different formats (rpm, deb, tgz) on the basis of the platform selected for the build.
under contract number INFSO-RI-223782