ETICS 2 at the 37th WG6 meeting
The ETICS 2 team had the opportunity to give a presentation on ETICS at the 37th WG6 meeting, which took place in Rome on 19th October 2009.
WG6 is a working group meeting of the Evaluation and Metrics Committee, which is part of ISO Software and System Engineering Committee. The meeting was a great opportunity for the ETICS team to share project results with a team of experts in the domain of quality evaluation.
The whole session was followed with great interest by the attendees, and all the comments made were very positive about ETICS and A-QCM.
The main outcomes:
- Interest in ETICS as a complete tool offering support to software developers through the build, testing and quality verification stages
- Interest in A-QCM as it identifies a consistent set of metrics for the verification of the quality of the software.
EDGeS and ETICS enter into working partnership
As part of initiatives to assist other projects with challenging test-and-build scenarios, ETICS has entered into a working partnership with DGeS.
EDGeS, an EC-funded project enabling desktop grids for e-Science, presents a very complex platform environment through applications executed on volunteer/donor computers. The success of EDGeS project depends partially on the software quality and reliability of the Desktop Grid-enabled applications. EDGeS must therefore rely on well-established and automated tools in order to achieve this - and this is where ETICS plays a crucial role in offering precisely these services.
ETICS will ease the difficulties encountered for the complex build, deployment, test and maintenance of EDGeS components. The ETICS system, also offering A-QCM certification, could contribute to the successful promotion of EDGeS achievements and solutions towards industrial partners.
ETICS equally will be able to assess and analyse its own performance in such a challenging environment, thus enabling continuous improvement of services offered to the benefit of all projects using the ETICS services.
ETICS and GASUC
ETICS is among the tools and technologies now supported by the GASUC (Grid Application Support Centre). They can be found at http://www.lpds.sztaki.hu/gasuc/
ETICS at QA&Test, Bilbao, 21-23 October
By presenting the ETICS testing and quality assurance features within QA&TEST 2009 we aim at:
- - Summarizing the main ETICS system features in the domain of testing and quality verification through a detailed presentation;
- - Showing how the ETICS testing and A-QCM functionalities work through a demo;
- - Collecting feedback on A-QCM for future improvements.
The tutorial session will be organised into two main parts:
- - Testing with ETICS: this part will show the capacities of ETICS in terms of testing features and the possibility to adapt them to the user needs. This first session will also include the presentation of the possibility for the user to create his own features and add them to the system;
- - Automated Quality Certification Model: this part will summarize the concept on the basis of A-QCM providing the results of the trial certifications, the news about the model and showing in practice the usage of the ETICS application that implement it.
Both the parts of the tutorial will consist of a brief introduction with the support of the slides and an interactive tutorial in order to train people, and get back feedback and concerns.
The full abstract is available here.
Grid-QCM becomes A-QCM
The ETICS 2 team is now working on the implementation of the A-QCM - Automated Quality Certification Model (formerly Grid-QCM) into the ETICS system. The name change highlights the fact that the model has entered a new phase of its lifecycle: from automatable to automated.
If you are interested in issuing your software with the A-QCM certificate, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
under contract number INFSO-RI-223782